Generic Decision Step vs. ITS Inbox

RomanWeise@gmx.net RomanWeise at gmx.net
Fri Jun 16 10:17:12 EDT 2006

Hallo all,

I developed a customer workitem preview for a generic decision step by implementing the USER-EXIT with my own function module and using my own Html-Parsing Template for the Preview. It was supposed to be executable in the workitem preview of SBWP on a SAP Rel. 4.6C system. Everything went fine (even my links for dataoverviews in an E-Recruiting 3.0 installation) except that I had some minor trouble when executing the workitem (over the button and not in the preview) but as the workitem should be executed in the preview I did not care.

Now the requirements were changed. The workitem has to be accessed and executed via the ITS inbox for workflow. When I tested the inbox, my customer preview was missing, only a standard text was on the screen. Furthermore I got a dump when executing the workitem.

So I am looking for someone having some expirience with the ITS under 4.6C as I usually deal with 6.20 - 7.00 systems.

Are generic decision steps working under 4.6C ITS inbox?

Is there a possibility to activate my customer preview?

Are there other posibilities to change the look / content of the workitem as I have to integrate some links with calls to the E-Recruiting installation and some other information?

Is there a posibility (standard or customer developt w/o modification) to make execution in the wi preview available in the ITS inbox (i had to build it myself for the SBWP as I could not find the option on 4.6C)?

Thank you in advance

Roman Weise
SAP Consultant
promerit AG