Workflow with Web Dynpro Application

Hill, Anna anna.hill at sap.com
Mon Jul 17 04:36:18 EDT 2006

Hi Rahul

I'm not 100% sure how this will work with a web dynpro application, but
I think the key thing is to ensure that your WD application can receive
the work item ID, is passed in the URL when the work item is executed
from the UWL. Usually when a work item is executed, the method on the
object is called, but in this case, the web application entered in
SWFVISU takes over instead of the method on the object.

To answer your 1st question, the object doesn't need the work item ID
because the web application is called instead. What you need to do is
ensure your web application has an application parameter to receive the
work item ID, which it can use to process the data in the task
containers.

I'm afraid I can't answer your 2nd question as I don't know where the
context data for the instance of the web application is stored.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Good luck!
Anna

Anna Hill