TIMEOUTs with SBWP - SQL error 1013 occurred when accessing table "SWWUSERWI "

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Thu Jul 13 06:39:34 EDT 2006

Hi Mike,
Interesting scenario you have there! I have to agree with the SAP stance
on this one. SWWORGTASK only applies if you arrive at agents through the
org chart. Any other method uses only SWWUSERWI. By your suggestion, one
would have to delete agents from SWWUSERWI instead of setting NO_SEL -
even worse!

My suggestion is that a task should not go to that many people in the
first place. Use some criteria to cut it down to max 10 or 20 agents -
definitively less than 50, that's just asking for inbox performance
trouble without the SWWUSERWI problem. The shotgun approach should only be
used for exceptions where a narrower group cannot be defined.

Do some arbitrary assignments if you have to - e.g. if 300 people all do X
then add a criteria such as country, plant or whatever just to split the
load. Or, you can even do it randomly - e.g. use 10 groups SY-UZEIT+5 as
your criteria.

Besides perfomrance, less items in people's inbox is always good for
morale :) There's no point in loading it up with 1000's of items if they
are only able to get through 10/day - 100 items are plenty, and also a
good maximum of what folks should see. Also, make sure your flows complete
- dead flows that are still in status STARTED also contribute to
performance issues (and SWWUSERWI entries).

Just my ideas.
Cheers,
Mike