Strange situation here-- WF Task normal execution errors - how to trace?

viveka.schwartz@implema.se viveka.schwartz at implema.se
Tue Jul 11 17:28:40 EDT 2006

Hello Markkos,

go to the Technical work item display for the erroneous step.

Press the I-message icon and you'll see the error message.
Go to => Extras => Technical data, and you'll see the Return information.

If it's a background task which fails,  remove the Background indicator in
PFTC_CHG temporarily so that your task is set to Dialog. Set a break-point
in the method source code. Assign your user as an agent to the task,
refresh the org.buffer from your inbox. Trigger the workflow in the
"normal way", execute the task from your inbox and debug the method to see
what happens.  If necessary, switch on the container debugging before
executing the work item from the inbox, you'll then see all bindings as
well.  Don't forget to switch back the background indicator in PFTC_CHG
after the analysis is completed.

Kind regards
Viveka

Markkos <markkos at gmail.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
2006-07-11 22:40
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Strange situation here-- WF Task normal execution errors - how to
trace?

R/3 Release 4.6C - Instalation Number: 0020070577