Performance problem on SWWCNTP0 tables

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Fri Jul 7 12:23:08 EDT 2006

Hi,
RSWIWADO has been removed from the menu path a couple of versions ago
since the actual number is meaningless without knowing your system size
and a number of other factors. However 15 mill is a lot but not that
huge that it should cause major headaches unless you have a small SAP
system.

I've also found that more important than the absolute number of entries
is the number of open items. The status is part of most indexes and
selections. So if your flows do not complete, that's going to cause
performance bottlenecks. Do some snapshot analyses using SE16 of old
items - e.g. how many WI's (select from SWWWIHEAD) in January this year,
and how many of these are NOT in status COMPLETED/CANCELLED. This number
should be minimal - in an ideal world everything that old should be
complete unless you really have flows that run that long. If not,
consider cancelling old flows.

Basis should be able to check out any bottlenecks from indexes.

Also, consider archiving workitems - tx SARA, object WORKITEM.

Cheers,
Mike