Extended notifications not working

Mikko Mäki-Rahkola mikkomr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 06:24:41 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm on a WAS6.40 system and trying to send out some emails with the extended
notifications functionality verification report but the system gives me some
unexpected errors. Hope some of you have overcome this issue, too, and could
help me out...

The report SWN_TEST_VERI01 launches workflow WS77300061 and task TS77307918
as its first work item. I've also set both objects' agent assignment to
general task and I can see that the work item is waiting in my inbox. There
is also an active node in SCOT under INT and I have my email address
maintained on my user ID. So everything should be fine according to my
understanding.

But when I run the report, it seems to select the work item all right
according to the log:

*Selection of Notifications

00001 notifications selected
00001 notifications deleted (logically)
00001 new notifications saved
00000 notifications saved
Sending Messages

00001 notifications selected
00000 messages sent
Unable to send 00000 notifications due to errors

No notification was sent for the work item
Test of the standard functions failed*

...but the notification doesn't get sent. Looking at the application log in
SWNCONFIG, there's only an error "Error when creating message" (SWN032) for
this batch run.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Best regards,
Mikko*