Error WL 006 without authorization S_OC_ROLE in 4.6C

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Fri Jan 27 03:49:26 EST 2006

Sorry, I just re-read you post and realized what you meant.
When you said "The action fails a check on authorization..." I assumed
you're talking about a user not authorized to perform the *task* of the
step, not to *determine the agents*. A completely different thing.

I am not sure why special authorizations sould be required. (Hence this is
a slightly unusual problem), normally people should have the necessary
auth to look around the org chart and evaluate rules. Does your rule do
anything special that it required 'ADMINISTRATOR' values in the auths?
Auth checks can sometimes give red herrings, and the real auth/problem
might be something else that's causing it to look at S_OC_ROLE.

In that case you are right, and I have used the 'background step'
technique you mention before, but only very rarely. I was mistaken in
thinkint that unticking 'advance w. dialog' uses the system user to create
the next step (just goes to show how often I use it). I think that's
exactly what it *should* do.

If this is a special kind of rule looking at restricted data, then I would
put the rule into it's own background method which calls RH_GET_ACTORS and
returns agents into a container element. This helps to distinguish this
rule a little and enforces its evaluation in background.

Cheers
Mike