Transporting workflow / buffer question

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Wed Jan 25 10:03:22 EST 2006

Hi WUGer's,

I just noticed the strangest thing.  I don't seem to have a problem now, but just thought I'd relate this little scenario, and see if anyone can enlighten me as to why this happened.

We tested a workflow in our QA system (4.6c) and users decided they wanted a minor change. No problem, I made the change in development and transported it to QA yesterday. I had to leave early so the transport actually happened yesterday after I left, and I went to check it and test it this morning.

So we had a "midnight" between the transport and when I looked at it, and I figured any necessary buffer refreshes would have happened automatically overnight.  Imagine my surprise when I looked at the workflow, and the change was *not* reflected.  The return code on the import was zero .... but the change was not in place. Huh? I started thinking things like, do I have to create a new version in this situation?

Luckily before I got too crazy I manually refreshed the buffers, and now everything is fine.

My question is, why did I have to refresh the buffer manually? Does this indicate something might be set up incorrectly in our system, or is this just one more known quirk of SAP's workflow system?

Thanks for any enlightenment you care to share!

Margaret Hilsbos
Day & Zimmermann