Wait for Event with Correlation

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Thu Jan 19 18:24:50 EST 2006

Hi Mark,
Apparently the main reason correlation came to be was for XI. The idea
is kindof a wait for event with non-key data; where the waiter is the
key rather than the waitee (yes I'm making these terms up). The waitee
contains the waiter's key as an attribute.

One real-world situ where I would have liked to have used it in a non-XI
environment is a "wait for credit" function for an invoice. I have no
idea what the credit's key is, but when it gets posted, IT will have the
key to the invoice object which is waiting for an event. Correlation
will relate it back and trip the wait step.

Something like that anyway...

Cheers
Mike
(Yes, this is a copy & paste from SDN... thought I'd dump it here too
for anyone else who might be curious)