BUS2081, FIPP & the Good 'ol Fiscal Year End issue...

Andy.M.Catherall@csplc.com Andy.M.Catherall at csplc.com
Thu Jan 19 04:24:49 EST 2006

Hi Serge

Thanks for the work-around help. I am coming round to thinking that I will
need to implement some form of tidyup, though thankfully that will
predominantly be limited to the clearing out orphaned workflows for
invoices that have now been posted. (...hmmm, though I will probably still
need to correct the containers etc for audit trail purposes...)

Is everyone having to implement a work-around, though? As mentioned, all
the OSS details [that I've come across so far] clearly suggest that the
workflows should automatically respond to the invoice number change,
following implementation of the fixes they describe. I also note that the
IXOS images appear to have been successfully re-assigned to the new
invoice, so some black-magic has been going on...

Does anyone understand more fully how the key is supposed to automatically
correct itself?

Confused of Birmingham...

|         |           "Breslavets       |
|         |           Sergey"           |
|         |           <sergey.breslavets|
|         |           @volvo.com>       |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           sap-wug-bounces at mi|
|         |           t.edu             |
|         |           18/01/2006 18:50  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           "SAP Workflow     |
|         |           Users' Group"     |
  |       To:       "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>                                                                |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: BUS2081, FIPP & the Good 'ol Fiscal Year End issue...                                                    |

Hi Andy,

welcome to the 'Year-end convertion issue' club! :)

the converted invoice will have the old invoice Id as part of the reference
key field (XBLNR). create a small function module to listen to the
invoice.created event and determine if the invoice is created as a result
of the year-end conversion (check XBLNR). If yes, you can do the following:
1. find appropriate workflow instance relevant for the old number and (if
it's still active) replace invoice object key in the runtime container with
the new one (pointing to the new document). Make sure you replace it in all
appropriate containers, workflow and task!
2. get image id from the workflow and link it to the new document
3. replace the workitem for the last task so that it picks up new container
values

that should do it.

g'luck.
Serge