WS14500015 in SRM5

jerry martinek jerry.martinek at shawbiz.ca
Fri Feb 24 13:50:43 EST 2006

Hi Natasha & Marc,

I've read the various OSS notes, reviewed the GET_REMAINING_APPROVERS code samples but I'm still not clear on some items.

The part that's currently confusing me is what values do I assign 'approval_index' in the approval table. I've included an XLS attachment that contains a sample shopping cart where I've documented the item that I'm not clear on based on the code samples and my understanding of the 'Actual_Approver_Index' field. In the example, does option A or B represent the correct values for approval_index?

I'd appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Jerry

------=_Part_18746_26504333.1140778968082

G'day Jerry,

If you haven't already seen it you may want to check out OSS note 731637 an=
it's listed follow on notes.

Natasha may have already provided you more useful info anyway.

Have fun,
Mark

On 23/02/06, jerry martinek <jerry.martinek at shawbiz.ca> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need to some help clarifying how WS14500015 in SRM5 works. I need to be
> able to setup different approval categories that are based on either the
> shopping cart item material groups or account assignments.
> For example, all shopping cart items charged to cost centers will be
> assigned to one approval category while items charged to something like a
> maintenance order are assigned to a different approval category. Then
> depending on the value of each category have the ability for N-step appro=
val
> steps
>
> The available documentation on WS14500015 states that you can define
> different approval categories but what's not clear is that can each categ=
ory
> have N-step approval steps.
>
> If I can't setup the BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI method
> GET_REMAINING_APPROVERS code, I'll need to add program logic to the shopp=
ing
> cart to limit what can be ordered via the shopping cart at any one time.
>
> Regards,
> Jerry Martinek

------=_Part_18746_26504333.1140778968082

37 and it's listed follow on notes.</div>
>jerry martinek</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jerry.martinek at shawbiz.ca">jerry.=
martinek at shawbiz.ca</a>&gt; wrote:</span>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">Hi All,<br><br>I need to some he=
lp clarifying how WS14500015 in SRM5 works. I need to be able to setup diff=
erent approval categories that are based on either the shopping cart item m=
aterial groups or account assignments.
signed to one approval category while items charged to something like a mai=
ntenance order are assigned to a different approval category. Then dependin=
g on the value of each category have the ability for N-step approval steps
e different approval categories but what's not clear is that can each categ=
ory have N-step approval steps.<br><br>If I can't setup the BADI BBP_WFL_AP=
PROV_BADI method GET_REMAINING_APPROVERS code, I'll need to add program log=
ic to the shopping cart to limit what can be ordered via the shopping cart =
at any one time.
@mit.edu">SAP-WUG at mit.edu</a><br><a href=3D"http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/=
listinfo/sap-wug">
br>