Unable to complete webservice task

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Feb 14 07:00:44 EST 2006

Jacob,

I'd actually advise not worrying about the webservice.completed event as
that is generally not useful in telling you if the user has actually
completed the work.  That event is really for the internal handling of
the webservice object when called from SBWP.

Better to add your own terminating events to the task that actually
confirm that the necessary work has been done.   You then don't have to
worry about webservice instantiation - just complete the task by raising
the appropriate event for your object, e.g. if webservice called a trip
expenses approval webdynpro app you might add terminating events
TRIP.APPROVED and TRIP.REJECTED to your task and raise those events in
your webdynpro app at the appropriate time.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
Senior Consultant
SAP Australia Pty Ltd.
Level 1/168 Walker St.
North Sydney
NSW, 2060
Australia
T   +61 412 390 267
M   + 61 412 390 267
E   jocelyn.dart at sap.com
http://www.sap.com <http://www.sap.com/>

The information contained in or attached to this electronic transmission
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution,
copying, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this
electronic transmission or the information contained in it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
please immediately contact the sender to arrange for the return of the
original documents.

Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and
accordingly, the sender does not accept liability for any such data
corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, viruses, delays or the
consequences thereof.

Any views expressed in this electronic transmission are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of SAP AG or any of
its subsidiaries. SAP AG, its subsidiaries, and their directors,
officers and employees make no representation nor accept any liability
for the accuracy or completeness of the views or information contained
herein. Please be aware that the furnishing of any pricing information/
business proposal herein is indicative only, is subject to change and
shall not be construed as an offer or as constituting a binding
agreement on the part of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries to enter into
any relationship, unless otherwise expressly stated.