Triggering an event in Update task

akshay.bhagwat@wipro.com akshay.bhagwat at wipro.com
Thu Feb 9 00:40:41 EST 2006

Hi All,

Let me first explain the scenario. We have 2 systems, one is SAP CRM and
another is SAP-ISU.
While creating a contract in CRM, We have to trigger the event in ISU
system and start workflow in ISU system.
Once the workflow is started in ISU, it has some steps, which in turn
has to update the status for line items of this contract in CRM system (
which we are creating in CRM )

Now here we are facing problem of Contract being locked while workflow
from ISU tries to update line items of this contract.
I was thinking of two options of avoiding this locking:
1 . Creating an event in update task of CRM, so as to make sure that it
will be triggered at the latest point of saving the contract.( This will
require rfc call for Event_create at ISU system's destination , in CRM
system's update task.)
2. Put the requested start step in ISU workflow with some delay say 1
min. , so that till this time, in CRM, contract is saved and not in edit
mode.

Pls. suggest which option we can opt for?

3. Another point clarification needed that , is the purpose of calling
SWE_EVENT_CREATE in Update task F.M. just to prolong the triggering at
the latest point in a particular transaction? (In other words, can I use
it just for prolonging the event triggering?)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Akshay

www.wipro.com