SRM 5.0 - ABAP OO, Secondary Methods

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Mon Feb 6 15:03:24 EST 2006

System: SRM 5.0 Ramp-up, WAS 7.0

Issue:  Task bound to BOR, Secondary Method using Class -> how to retrieve element from container
using SWF_GET_ELEMENT in the Class

I have a Task using BOR Object (BUS2121) with Secondary Methods using class (ZCL_...).  After
checking the Where-Used on SWF_GET_ELEMENT, I can see that FM SWW_WI_CONTAINER_READ is used to get
the Container Handle based on the Workitem ID, which is then used to call SWF_GET_ELEMENT.

Since the secondary methods do not have any binding to pass the container elements, how would I pass
the Workitem Id to the Class Method?

Can I have a Class which is BOR-Object independent (ie: would work on any Business Object) which can
also be used as a secondary method ???

--
Susan R. Keohan
SAP Workflow Developer