UWL volume problems

Mike Nickson mikenickson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 07:26:02 EST 2006

We have had problems with this in the past.

Our problem was caused by Idoc loads that did not have nominatedagents for
error messages (in partner profiles) and this caused 32k workitems to be
sent to all users.
This mean't that the portal was very slow to load for the users as it was
to buffering and storage problems.

Does your user have 19k genuine workitems that he is actively interested in
?

Get you portal people to investigate the maximum number of workitems it can
load for a user with their current settings.

To cure our problem we had to reassign the 32k workitems to a single user
via SWIA, and this then let the rest of the users work normally in the
portal.

Mike