Unusual Workflow execution times

Ashish Paranjpe aaparanjpe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 13:29:03 EST 2006

HI All,
Please take a look at the attachment. The workflow background workitem was
created at 14:31:33, execution started automatically at 14:31:33, the
business logic should hardly take 5 seconds to execute.

But as seen in the log, There are two entries
Execution started at 18:43:47
Workitem processing complete at 18:43:48

What are the sort of system issues which could cause such a delay of 4 hrs.
As said earlier, the business logic takes only 5 secs to execute.

This I believe is something to do with the workflow runtime performance.

The problem is happening for all workflows irrespective of the business
module.

If anyone of you has faced such a problem before, please let me know the
solution to this.

Thanks in advance,
Ashish