HTTP handler for starting an external service cannot be read

Prasath Natesan prassath.natesan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 02:41:04 EST 2006

 Hi,
We are implementing PCR Approval using adobe forms. Currently when we try to
open the adobe form for Approval from the UWL we get the error(it actually
displays with an information message symbol) *"HTTP handler for starting an
external service cannot be read"* in an ITS screen. We found an exactly
similar problem in the below link in SDN but unable to find a resolution
from that.
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?messageID=398377&

The detailed information message displayed is as given below,

*HTTP handler for starting an external service cannot be read
Message no. SWK045

Diagnosis
This work item is a link to a HTTP service. To start the service, a launch
handler must be known to the SAP System.

However, the system could not find a launch handler.

System response
The workflow system cannot start execution of the work item.

Procedure
Contact your workflow administrator:

In Customizing you must maintain a launch handler for HTTP-supported dialog
services.
*

We use the standard task TS50000075 for PCR Approval
Can anyone help us on this?

We are at ECC 5.0 with EP 6.0.

Thanks,
Prasath N