4.6c: Converting multiline to single container elements

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Fri Aug 25 05:27:57 EDT 2006

Hi Kjetil,

In practice it generally works, but theoretically it should not be relied
upon, just as we've usually done with a SELECT SINGLE statement :-)

In many scenarios the item in question is irrelevant. My current for e.g.
is a multiline attribute which I have to process one by one in a loop. The
process removes the item from the object. Annoyingly I end up having to
code attributes for 'Foos' and 'SingleFoo' because I cannot bind from
'Foos' to 'Foo' in my task.

To answer your question, in 620-640 you can bind and assign multi to
single. In NW04s we finally have indexed access.

Cheers,
Mike

On Fri, August 25, 2006 09:25, Kjetil Kilhavn wrote:
> So the data type check is slackened in the newer release? That's not the
way things usually are done. I hope the behaviour is well defined, e.g.
the first line of the multiline element will always be used.
> --
> Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil ØFT KTJ BAS DEV SAP

Damn those release changes! ;-)
>> You think you have it bad.... going from NW04s back to 4.6C
>> is a serious wrench.
>> Especially with no ABAP OO for workflow, and none of the
>> structure handling in bindings.
>> Regards,
>> Jocelyn Dart
Greetings,
>> This is perhaps a stupid question, but:
>> On 620 one can happily bind or assign a multiline to a single
>> line element. On my current 4.6c system, it complains in
>> bindings and assignment operations. Thus I end up having to
>> create double attributes (single / mulitline). This is very annoying.
It's been a while since I played with 4.6, so I'm wondering
>> if I'm missing something?
>> Cheers,
>> Mike

information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of
the
> information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete