Is it possible to run WF_DOC.CREATE in background?

Lu Luis luis.starr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 13:33:24 EDT 2006

Hi WFers,

In a workflow there's the step 'Document from Template' to generate a WF_DOC
and it's working fine. However the user wants to have the step done in
background and the document generated automatically.

To meet this requirement, I tried to copy the WF_DOC and modify it into a
background version, but it seems as if the underlying CL_SWF_DOCUMENT is
designed to run with frontend and many GUI functions such as POPUP_TO_SELECT
is used. So my question is: Is it even possible to do the WF_DOC.CREATE in
background?

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Best regards
Luis