approve a sales order

Flavio Oliveira oliveiraflavio at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 13:16:45 EDT 2006

Vali:

We've done this by using the 'Delivery Block'  field (VBAK-LIFSK). Define some new codes that will not let the Order to be used and, after the approval process, you can clear this field (if the SO was approved).

The problem is that is not possible to set a delivery block automatcaly  when the order is created, so the first WF step is to set this value. After this, the approval process will start.

Another option that I can think is to create a form with all necessary fields to create the Sales Order. Send this form to be approved and, if it is approved, create the sales order with the form data (via BAPI).

Regards,
Flávio.

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:52:42 +0300From: vali.ivanov at gmail.comTo: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: approve a sales order
hello,I have a question.I have to build a workflow that will approve a sales order.any ideas how can i do that ?

There is not an proper event in BUS2032. It can be modified by a delegation. yes, there is no problem in these way.The problem is other, and I belive it can be extended to all kinds of 'approval' workflow that does not stand on an existing business process in this way. After a sales order is created, the user click on the save button. this will trigger the workflow, no problem until now. But, i don't want the sales order to be created until it is approved. As I know, SAP don't deal with a status management with sales order as it is the case with production order, for example. So, if an sales order will not be approved, the workflow will have to delete the sales order, and this is a behaviour that i want to avoid because the things get complicated. how can i do a sales order and not save it, so I can approve it later ? and the same problem i will have with the delivery and the invoice.... Thanks