Replacing workflow task and effect on existing workitems

BanHorng_Tan@Singaporeair.com.sg BanHorng_Tan at Singaporeair.com.sg
Mon Aug 21 00:00:56 EDT 2006

Hi everyone

I'm working on a technical upgrade from SRM 3.5 to SRM 5.0.
For Goods Receipt approval, we have a workflow template consisting of some
standard tasks and for the upgrade, we encountered an obsolete task
TS10008094  which we replaced with the new one TS10407914. Due to this
change, we redefined a new workflow template and changed the triggering
object to link to this new workflow template.

However, in the existing workitems that are in the approver's inbox before
the upgrade, clicking on these workitems will still point to the old
template link to TS10008094. New requests for approvals triggered via the
new workflow template are working fine.

Is there a way to update all these existing workitems triggered with the
old workflow template and task to point to the new task template so that
the approvers will not be hitting a dead link?

Thank you!

>From :
EBP Team Member,
Enterprise Systems (x2960)