Audit trail from background tasks

Tom Peou tompeou at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 14:37:19 EDT 2006

Hi Richard,

WF-BATCH runs the background step that removes the billing block (all
background steps are run by WF-BATCH) - unfortunately, you cannot set a
dialog user to run Workflow background methods/tasks.
However, you can record the user that "Approves" the credit memo through the
"Decision" step by doing the following:
- On the binding from the decision task to the workflow, you should have an
element called _Workitem.
- Pass this to a container of business object type "WORKINGWI".
- Under B.O WORKINGWI you have the attributes: ExecutedByUser which contains
UserID (of the person that executed the last work item).

Or... You can always make a copy of the method that removes the billing
block. Make it a dialog step for a dialog user to execute in a task, thus
forcing it to be a foreground task requiring a user to execute and being
able to record their user ID. The main problem - this now becomes a two-step
process... Not very elegant.

Hope that helps.

Tom