IDOC.MASSINPUTFINISHED clogs the system

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 12:56:56 EDT 2006

G'day all,

I'm sure this concept has been discussed before but I can't find anything...

We had an issue today in our DEV environment (ECC 5.0) where an LSMW session
loaded 12000 bank records via IDOCs. The system promptly hung seemingly
while 12000 instances of the event IDOCPACKET.MASSINPUTFINISHED were raised.
When the basis team looked every Dialog Work Process was held by WF-BATCH.

Does this sounds right?

The process code was BAPI which uses BAPI_IDOC_INPUT1 which is configured to
raise the event in question.

The cunning plan is simply to create a ZBAPI and remove reference to
IDOCPACKET.MASSINPUTFINISHED but I'm not sure this is the right approach.

Our situation may have been made worse by the fact that the event trace was
turned on and simply because it's a dodgy undersized DEV environment. There
was nothing listening for this event.

Any input / advice?

Thanks,
Mark