Leave Approval Workflow in ECC 6.0

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Thu Aug 10 02:33:12 EDT 2006

Hi all,

it seems that I have a lot to learn!

We are using ECC 6.0 and my understanding is that I should be using
WS12300111 as a template for the Leave Approval Workflow - meaning that I
will copy it and make the appropriate changes.

A few questions about it:

1 - As the WS12300111 is not triggered via an event, how/where do I change
the system so my customised workflow (the one I copied from WS12300111) is
triggered instead of WS12300111?

2 - My client has 2 different approaches for approving leave depending on
leave type - one for vacation and another one for any other leave. If I
decide to build 2 workflows, where do I put the start conditions if the
workflow is not triggered via an event?? I know I could develop one
workflow and then have different 'branches' depending on the leave type.

3 - Is it possible to build a workflow to cater for leave that will be
sumbitted via ESS without using class interface (WS12300111 uses class
interface CL_PT_REQ_WF_ATTRIBS instead of Object Type)? If not, how do I
create new steps in the workflow to cater for specific Methods I might
have to write?

4 - Is it possible to use class interface as well as Object Types in the
same Workflow?

5 - Is there any new Workflow course available where I can learn more
about all this new things available in ECC 6.0??

Much thanks and regards,

Cristiana
Cristiana d'Agosto
IBM Global Business Services