Agent Determination - Rule - Function Module

Lowe, Henry henry.lowe at logicacmg.com
Wed Aug 2 04:38:34 EDT 2006

I have implemented a rule based agent assignment using a function
module. For some reason the statement

swc_get_element ac_container etc is not working. I initially tested the
workflow as a whole and then did the 'simulate rule resolution' in PFAC
and have narrowed it down to this statement.

I have put the include <CNTN01> in my global data for the function
group.

Here is the code in the function module:

FUNCTION z_get_po_creator.
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------

*"*"Local interface:
*"  TABLES
*"      ACTOR_TAB STRUCTURE  SWHACTOR
*"      AC_CONTAINER STRUCTURE  SWCONT
*"  EXCEPTIONS
*"      NOBODY_FOUND
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------

DATA: l_user LIKE wfsyst-initiator,
      l_ebeln TYPE ebeln.

CLEAR:   actor_tab.
REFRESH: actor_tab.

break-point.           "For Testing Purposes Only

* Get the PO Number from ac_container
  swc_get_element ac_container 'PONUMBER' l_ebeln.

  IF sy-subrc EQ 0.

  SELECT SINGLE ernam FROM ekko INTO l_user WHERE ebeln EQ l_ebeln.

     actor_tab-otype =  'US'.
     actor_tab-objid =  l_user.
     APPEND actor_tab.

  ELSE.
     RAISE nobody_found.
  ENDIF.

ENDFUNCTION.

And finally, below are the contents of the ac_container itab from debug
mode.

ELEMENT TAB_INDEX ELEMLENGTH TYPE VALUE
PONUMBER |000000 |000 | |4800000013

A single step through the statement
swc_get_element ac_container 'PONUMBER' l_ebeln.
returns an sy-subrc of 4 and l_ebeln is not filled. '

PONUMBER' is the name of the container element on the rule and it has
the same type as l_ebeln.

I am stuck now, can anybody help?

Thanks,

Henry.