Calling a BSP (4.7 Backend) from a UWL WI in a EP6.0

Mikko Mäki-Rahkola mikkomr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 03:49:14 EDT 2006

Hi Markus & Natasha,
I'm not sure if it fits your case, but couldn't you also use the UrlLauncher
to call the app? (See
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3a/648b505d764efcbbcbf7fab0e3070a/frameset.htm
for
an example. )

I think that as a result, you could call the bsp app with the wi id as a
simple http GET parameter and would thus be able to pass the parameter to
the bsp page attribute without any extra configuration in the backend. You
would then just need to modify the itemtype of the task in the uwl xml
config file according to the example above.

Not sure if this is the preferred option because of the hard-coded url in
the xml file but it looks to be more simple than the service approach.

Hope this helps,
Mikko