SRM 5.0 - Inactive versions of BOR Objects

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Wed Apr 5 12:45:34 EDT 2006

Hello all,

SRM 5.0, SRM Server 5.50, SP SAPKIBKT03, Basis 7.0, SAPKB70006.
I know, I usually come up with the whacked out questions on Friday, so excuse me for posting such an
oddball question so early in the week.  And for the record, this is not a case of EBKAC, I have
watched while someone replicates this error.

Scenario:
1)  You have made changes to a function module interface that a customer business object (say,
ZBUS2201) calls, so you need to correct the errors. You edit this business object. Save and generate
the object.
2) From SE80, if you check Inactive Objects, ZBUS2201 shows up.  Why ?
3) From SE80, drill into the business object.  Generate the Business Object.  It has an error (from
the earlier code).  Select Goto>Next Error.
4) The code listed is not the code you edited and saved and generated in Step 1.  Why ?
5) Hit the pencil to go into Change mode.  The live version (created in Step 1) is now available for
editing.

So I am assuming there is some hidden form of version management going on  - that needs tweaking.
Our Basis team cleared the buffers which brought no joy, and then bounced the system, which also
brought no joy.

Clearly I need to fill out an OSS message, but wanted to check with my fellow WFers to see if any of
you have also encountered this issue.

Cheers,
Sue

--