SRM 4.0 Line Item SC Completion

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Wed Apr 5 10:30:45 EDT 2006

Hello Mark,

You can do all sorts of clever stuff with the line item badi workflow -
the only bounds are your imagination ... and a large number of oss notes
of course, but given some patience you can get it to work pretty nicely.

On my last project I ended up finding all the required approvers at a
particular level by line.  I then generated a set of approvalguids which
were generated on a combination of userid and value.  I then looped
through and assigned the approvalguids to the relevant lines.  If a line
had more than one approvalguid then the necessary numbers of work items
were generated and all assigned approvers could approve or reject the
line.  The only minor restriction was that one approver could override
the decision of the previous approver but this can be controlled by your
process i.e. if you approve a previous rejection you will get
disciplined.

So, yes,  I think you can do what you want with the approvalguids
generation and assignment to lines.  I can't get anyone to pay for me to
go to ASUG so a nice warm beer in London will suffice.

Give me a call if you need to discuss in any more detail.

Cheers,

Mark

SAP UK