User Determination in WF Programming Exit...

Klika, Michael Michael.Klika at ids-scheer.com
Thu Sep 29 05:30:59 EDT 2005

Hi Experts

I got stuck with the following problem:

I implemented a workitem user exit on a WAS6.40 and managed to determine the actual agent of a workitem at the "after_execution" event from the workitem container. So that's fine.

Now:
How can I read the users that are assigned in the workflow definition (e.g. via orgunit, position, multiline container element) to a workitem (or more correctly step)? This should be done after creation of the workitem but before execution. At that stage, there is of course no "_Actual_Agent" stored in the container. And even worse: There ist not workitem stored in the database yet (so no chance to determine users conventionally), but WI-ID exists in the current wf-context.

I played around with some of the methods I found, but they (or similar attributes) where either private or had no returning parameters...

Any idea is highly appreciated!
Cheers, Michael