Task complete but still in "In Process" status

greg@misiorek.com greg at misiorek.com
Fri Sep 23 20:45:45 EDT 2005

Our basis folks have recently upgraded to SAP R/3 Kernel 640_REL, but the Basis
component is still 620, level 41. It's an SRM box on BBPCRM 400, level 7.

The custom approval workflow ( have triggered BBP_BGRD_APP job that is now
hanging. The task is of Object Type "Form" with method "HTMLPROCESS". WF-BATCH
User has been running SAPLBTCH for two days now under SM50. From the browser
perspective, the approver can approve the shopping cart, the requester's status
doesn't change, but the action also creates an ITS internal error:

"Failed to generate the response  for current request...error code 0x201."

Internet service BBP_CTR_WF_APP throws the same error.

In SWIA,  Dialog step TS10008126 in WS14000134 (Approve shopping cart from Userid
with value 0.00) is status "Complete" but is missing status "Processed" and the
subsequent steps are not executed as if it was waiting for some ITS process
before moving on. It cannot be "Completed manually" nor "Without check" from SWIA.

Short of pointing fingers at ITS I'm not sure where in sapgui client can I look
for clues...