WS14000084 for contracts on SRM 4.0 not starting

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Fri Sep 23 11:54:31 EDT 2005

Hello all,

This question is being posed from an old R/3 Workflow-er, so please
excuse my lack of knowledge about SRM.

We have upgraded from EBP 3.5 to SRM 4.0 in our sandbox environment.
This our landscape:
SAP_BASIS        640        SAPKB64011
SAP_ABA            640       SAPKA64011
SRM_SERVER    500       SAPKIBKS06

Our SRM consultant has enabled (via SPRO and SWB_COND) the standard SAP
workflow WS14000084 and WS14000086 for BUS2000113, events
CHANGEVERSIONSAVED and SAVED.
Example of Start Conditions is attached.  All the 'normal' workflow
customizing has been carried out via SWU3.  Event log is turned on.
Event linkage is activated, and the check functions are
SWB_2_CHECK_FB_START_COND_EVAL (WS14000084) and
SWB_CHECK_FB_START_COND_EVAL (WS14000086).

The contract is created, but of course, no workflow starts.  Why else
would I be annoying you with this on a Friday.

SWUD for WS14000084 gives yellow lights on the  binding between task and
event.  Simulate Event gives red light for WS14000084, green light for
WS14000086.  The information on WS14000084 is that there is an error in
the binding definition.

OSS Note 879528 refers to this workflow (WS14000084) in a different
context, but suggests changing the binding.  Okay, I know how to do
that, but step 7 of this note says to change the binding to....

then there is nothing.  No information on what the binding should be
changed *to*.

Can anyone shed some light on:
What the correct binding for this task should be ?
How to tell if the event is raised.  I know in SRM that the standard
event log will not help.
What is the difference (in a nutshell) between the two check functions ?
Why use one over the other ?
Any other tips and tricks to teach this old dog would be helpful.

Thanks!
Sue

--
Susan R. Keohan