EXIT_RETURN 9001 ...

Thomas Maue Thomas.Maue at ipaper.com
Fri Sep 16 22:00:06 EDT 2005

Rick,

Temporary exceptions do not go into error status until they have exhausted
the number of attempts setup in the work item error monitoring job (SWU3).
So if you have the interval set at 20 minutes and repeat counter set at 3,
the work item will error out in 60 minutes after 3 tries.

Regards,
Thomas Maue
 Workflow Consultant

             "Rick Sample"
             <Rick.Sample at gbe.
             Sent by:                  sap-wug at mit.edu
             sap-wug-bounces at m                                          cc
             it.edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       EXIT_RETURN 9001 ...
             09/16/2005 04:08
             PM

             Please respond to
               "SAP Workflow
               Users' Group"
             <sap-wug at mit.edu>

I have my method with Exception defined as Temporary Error.
I have in the code to EXIT_RETURN on a condition and am trying to get
it to go into Error status so it will retry 20 minutes later via the
Error monitor program.

It just continues without going into error status. I know I could user
the other Outcome
to continue processing and handle the error via a diff fork but just
can't get it to go into
error status so it will retry later.

Must be something simple I am forgetting...

Thanks in advance
rick