Antw: WI advance with dialog

John A Haworth jhoworth at csc.com
Fri Sep 16 07:40:35 EDT 2005

Thanks for the reply. But doesn't your solution mean that the user will see
another WI appear which he/she will have to execute? instead of it
occurring in the background,

Thanks

John

for such purpose.

                      <ooij
                      @home.nl>                To:      "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      sap-wug-bounces          Subject: Antw: WI advance with dialog

                      16/09/2005 10:11
                      Please respond
                      to "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hello John,

Your conclusion is correct. Because of the background task the advance with
dialog will not work. There is however a solution.

You have to define the background task as a 'dialog' task. You can do that
by removing the background flag in the task. The workflow executes the task
in dialog. The user will not see that, instead of the wf-batch user, the
current user will execute the task.

The user will get the next real dialog task in dialog.

Hope this helps...

Kind regards,

Hans van Ooijen.