Intergrating Workflow with SAP Web-Dynpro

Darren Hague Darren.Hague at axonglobal.com
Fri Sep 16 04:01:47 EDT 2005

Collins,

As you probably already know, launching WebDynpro apps from UWL is
already documented at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/59/d516690e854c7090ae15bf49
2a869f/frameset.htm

In terms of developing the WebDynpro app, there's nothing really to know
- the workitem ID is passed in as an application parameter wi_id.
Everything else is standard WebDynpro. You can learn WebDynpro by
attending course TJA311, or by following the tutorials at
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.doc
s/library/webas/Web%20Dynpro%20Sample%20Applications%20and%20Tutorials.h
tm.

If you've not used Web Dynpro before, then beware - it's a very powerful
and productive technology, but as an experienced Java developer I would
say that there's a steep learning curve to be gone through (expect 2-3
weeks of intensive learning).

As an example, having been through this learning curve, it's taken me
about a week to write my own version of Generic Decision Task. (Jocelyn
- I know the portal version is great ;-), but we wanted to launch our
own handler for viewing attachments - not possible in the UWL version).

Hope this helps,

Darren