UWL SP12 & 13

Peter Carroll Peter.Carroll at WaterCorporation.com.au
Mon Sep 12 20:49:46 EDT 2005

And the answer from SAP is:

Dear customer,

This is a known issue that is currently being worked on by development.

The issue is still being worked on and it should be available with SP 14
SP 14 will be released in the first week of October.

They issue is taking some time to solve so there is no workaround
or fix available at the moment.

So If you have a WF with the situationed outlined below you may wish to
think twice about SP12/13.

Peter Carroll

  _____

From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of
Peter Carroll
Sent: Thursday, 8 September 2005 11:18
To: 'sap-wug at mit.edu'
Subject: UWL SP12 & 13

We have recently applied SP12 and SP13 to our portal. A number of errors
have been introduced by these packs.

One of these is that a Workflow(WF) has ceased to work correctly. The WF has
a step in it that displays an ABAP screen to the user and on this screen the
user will add data and reject or approve the WF.

After applying the packs the ABAP screen does not display. Instead we
receive a UWL screen like this when we access the task through the UWL

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Process AMPS Task:  THURSDAY 7

Launch SAP Task  Forward  Reserve  Create Ad-Hoc Request  Display Details in
SAP Gui  Return

Sent
7/09/2005

  Workflow system
 The unique ID "Workflow system" is not valid!

  Exception Details:

Status
New

Priority
Normal
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This screen is basically the normal decision step task without the Approve
Reject Buttons.

The Exception that is reported is on all our UWL screens of this type and is
probably not related to this error.
When the task is viewed through the Sap Inbox(SBWP) the ABAP screen comes up
correctly.

Technical details:
The screen is an ABAP screen.
The workflow step has 3 outcomes that are linked to terminating events on
the task.
The task has the "Object Method with Dialog" set
The business object referenced by the task "Dialog" option set

NOTHING in the WF the business object or the screen has changed. The only
change was the application of SP12 and SP13.

Regards Peter Carroll