Send an approval from mobile device (i.e. Blackberry)

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Fri Sep 9 15:41:09 EDT 2005

Hello WUG'ers,

I want a manager to be able to execute an approval (in some fashion) from a mobile device such as a Blackberry. Currently the workitem is set up as a user decision, and we send email notification using RSWUWFML2.

Is there any way we can add something to the email so that the manager can approve or reject the item from a Blackberry (i.e. via email)? I read in the SAP Workflow book that the shopping cart in EBP can do this, but I confess I found the implementation discussion confusing.  Can anyone who has tried this help me out with any tips, tricks, or traps you learned along the way?  Or maybe a brief overview of how I would set it up?

We have both 6.20 and 4.6c systems.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Margaret Hilsbos
(215) 299-5630