Accessing an object attribute in programmed binding?

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Thu Sep 8 12:21:20 EDT 2005

Hi Margaret,
There was a discussion recently about dynamic vs persistent container
elements... Container elements are persistent inside programmed bindings
and need to be converted to dynamic.

It may be easier to create a third attribute 1and2 with both fields
together. Not as pretty, but has a redeeming quality of being clearer to
someone else looking at it.
Remember not to re-read the info from the DB, but rather use
"swc_get_attribute self 'attrib1'..." in your combo attribute to read the
others. Or if the fields are part of the key you can just access them
directly: object-key-documentnumber.

If you still want to go the programmed route, let me know and I can dig up
some code.

Ahhhh, the endless possibilities of workflow. :-)

Cheers
Mike