Portal - UWL vs. SAP Business Workplace

Collins Obiosa-Maife comaife at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 11:10:05 EDT 2005

Hello Krishna,
Thanks a lot. I was able to locate the iview, the screenshot was very helpful, however, I tried to implement it, but it didnt work.
Here's a list of the actions I have undertaken thus far:

1) Configured the UWL to display the SAP Inbox (SAP GUI for HTML is the default-SWK1)
2)Configured the XML for the registered work items to display task (below)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE UWLConfiguration PUBLIC '-//SAP//UWL1.0//EN' 'uwl_configuration.dtd' [

]>

<UWLConfiguration version="1.0">

<ItemTypes>

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS90500039" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="webflowView"

defaultAction="launchMiniApp">

<ItemTypeCriteria externalType="TS90500039" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="launchMiniApp" groupAction="no" handler="SAPMiniAppLauncher"

returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="no">

<Properties>

<Property name="Template" value="BBP_QUOT_EXTWF"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default="Launch SAP Task">

<ShortDescriptions>

<Description Language="en" Description=" Launch SAP Task"/>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

</ItemTypes>

</UWLConfiguration>

3) Assigned the above xml to the workflow system in the portal

4) Used the UWL-Launch MiniApp to display the ITS Template
 in the XML w/out success.

My questions are:
1) How does the UWL- Launch SAP Transaction or UWL -Launch MiniApp work?
2) Is there anyone in the forum who has configured the UWL to display the SRM Web Inbox, and executed them from the portal, and how was it done?

Thanks in advance.

Athur Krishna <athur.krishna at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Collins,

Pls find the Iview named "UWL - Launch SAP Transaction"
edit this iview and in property category pulldown menu click "show all" and find for "SAP GUI Type".

find the attached image.

-Krishna

On 9/5/05, Collins Obiosa-Maife <comaife at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: Hello Arthur,
I have followed the path you described, but I didnt see any "SAP GUI Type" property in the Property Editor of the UWL iview.
Please could you be more specific?
Thanks.

Athur Krishna <athur.krishna at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Collins,

If you want all of your INBOX items to open in a different GUI (like Win GUI ). then
change the "SAP GUI Type" in  Content Provided By SAP -> End User Content -> Iviews -> UWL - Launch SAP Transaction.

-Krishna