Help needed with this scenario

Andy Curtis abcurtis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 08:49:44 EDT 2005

The following was my experience of ISR's
 The issue with ISR's and Wf templates WS50000040/41/42 is that the user
sees and enters data into a nice webform and SAP sends the QISR1 transaction
as a task to change the status (ie approve). So one person sees a webform
and understands it, the approver sees QISR1, has to flip to the extended
QISR transaction to get a configurable tab that displays the webform before
setting the status. When I showed this to my client they did not like it. In
the end I still used the ISR framework, as Jocelyn says if offers lots of
configuration options and is standard technology for ESS/MSS, but modified
the Wf template to use a webflow task to display the webform via the
browser. I additionally had to have buttons on the webform for
Approve/Reject and fed this back to the Wf container via the ISR BAPI's
 I also got trapped by the QISR BAPI's not feeding back any changed
characteristics when called in display mode, they are only fed back in input
and change mode.
 At the end of the piece of work I was not convinced about ISR's and would
choose BSP's in future.
 Andy Curtis