Help needed with this scenario

vijay srikanth vijay_d15 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:12:05 EDT 2005

Hi,

This is a scenario to be implemented using workflows.
Can you tell me how to go about with this.

There is a form on the portal. User enters some details there. Then there is
a submit button. when the user presses the submit button, a workflow is
triggered on the R/3 side. A work item is sent to the manager which has a
form ( the form's layout and data are the same as that of the portal screen
). Basically whatever the user enters in the portal screen is sent as a form
to his manager, who can then approve it or reject it.

Can anyone tell me how this can be done.....the general steps...connectivity
between portal and R/3 workflow