EBP 4.0 N-Step Approval Problem / BUS2121 Extension

Martinek, Jerry Jerry.Martinek at icbc.com
Fri Sep 2 20:06:36 EDT 2005

Hi All,

It's Friday afternoon on a long weekend and I've run into a
user/developer error that I don't really know how to get around.

I've extended BUS2121 by adding a new attribute (ReqTrackingNumber)
which is populated from table bbp_pdbei-be_tracking_no (linked to via
the guid from table crmd_orderadm_i). The actual field is called
'Requirement Tracking Number' and in part of the 'Basic Data' screen.

When tested using SWO1 it works as expected. When the SC is
'Ordered/Saved' it also works fine. However, on approval preview prior
for new or held shopping carts, the new attribute isn't being populated
because the BADI isn't deriving the correct approvers. It appears the
new code isn't being executed.

I'm guessing that the table entry isn't populated prior to the cart
being saved and that is why the role resolution logic isn't being
executed. Can someone help me by telling me where I can find this
information (requirement tracking number) prior to the cart being saved?
It's not available in BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL.

Thanks,

Jerry Martinek