Portal - UWL vs. SAP Business Workplace

Gregory Utley Gregory.Utley at citrix.com
Thu Sep 1 10:12:16 EDT 2005

All,

We just converted from the SAP Office inbox to the UWL with the
implementation of the SAP Portal.  The big plus for users here is one
stop shopping, i.e., all SAP Office inboxes (R/3, EBP, ESS) are now
available in one place.  Before, users had to enter via SBWP to approve
separately in each system.  The biggest negative with the UWL is the
loss of the "advance with dialog" feature.  We've had to write custom
code to compensate for this.  I think this is a major loss, although I
haven't seen any other complaints on WUG on the topic.

Greg Utley