Event Receiver Issue

Khanna, Manish manish.khanna at amd.com
Sun Oct 30 23:48:54 EST 2005

Hi,

It might be a bit confusing but let me try to explain.

I'm working on a solution to start a workflow when a consigment document
is changed. Little brief about the consignment documents is they don't
have a release strategy and the price field is disabled.

I'm
1. using a check FM for the change event.
2. filter out the data to identify that the change occured in a
'consignment document' (For other documents we have active workflows)
3. Once OK, start the WF.

This solution is working fine and we have an alternate to non-existing
release strategy for consignment document.

In this workflow we have an event-listener to capture the change event.

Now I'm facing the following issue in one of the scenarios when the
document value is less enough to bypass the approval and start auto -
release.

In the above mentioned scenario when a user changes the document(thus
triggering the WF, which immediately goes for a release) and immediately
makes another change (with 5-10 sec) then the event 'change' is
triggered. But the listerner captures it ONLY WHEN THE RELEASE IS
COMPLETE. I've tried to find a pattern and I can confirm that no matter
when we make a change, In the above scenario the WF captures the change
event only once the release is complete.

This does not happen in other scenarios.

Regards
Manish