Workflow Substitutes - A210 vs HRUS_D2

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at graybar.com
Thu Oct 27 16:48:45 EDT 2005

We have WFs that resolve agents via User, Position, Org, and job.
We are re-writing our substitution / reporting tool. With it we can
allow users (Managers) to maintain their own users and monitor the
work items in inbox, how long it took, counts, etc.

With this same tool, the manager will be able to setup the sub and
auto-forwarding of messages. We decided to just sub on both Personal
and Position substitute.

Rick

>>> jerry.martinek at shawbiz.ca 10/27/2005 15:24:24 >>>
Hi,

I'm implementing a number of new workflows(in a 46C system) in an
organization that is new to workflow. One of the administrative
activities that needs to be done is to  implement a process (manual and
system) to deal with planned and unplanned absences.

The client wants to keep it simple so we're planning to build a custom
frontend transaction for defining workflow substitutes. The idea is that
it can be used by either the designated approver or someone in the
organization responsible for defining substitutes. They also want to be
able to report on active worfkflow substitutes.

My question is what is the preferred or most commonly used/recommended
approach? Do you use the A210 relationship option or workflow substitute
(HRUS_D2) option?

Thanks,
Jerry