How to send URL in workitem text.

lianghuan.x.hu@accenture.com lianghuan.x.hu at accenture.com
Tue Oct 25 17:17:51 EDT 2005

Hi Kapil:

I had the URL truncation problem a few months ago. When fixing it, I
found the following that you might find useful.

1. Even with the OSS Note 363986 applied to increase the line-width to
132, there is a configuration table TTXOB to limit the line-width. Check
it.

2. Program SAPLSTXV has a a line of code: "itcvl-val = val" where
itcvl-val's length is defined as 80. This limitation applies even with
OSS note 363986 applied.

3. For every "&" in the URL, the system puts additional 6 characters to
wrap it so the system knows it is not the special symbol used in SAP.
This extra length must be considered.

The way to work around the length limitation is to have two URLs
concatenated, and make sure that each is within the length limit.
Something like "&ZRSEG.URL3&&ZRSEG.URL4&" in the task description.

Cheers!
Larry