Workflow and incoming e-mail

Richard Marut rvmarut at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 24 18:59:18 EDT 2005

Angelo,

Business Object WI_MAILREC, method Receive handles incoming mail. Look at
Inbound Distribution under the Settings menu in transaction SCOT to see what
the recipient is for the e-mail address in question.

I did this once where I created a new object and modelled it after
WI_MAILREC. I created my own function module (modelled after the one that's
in the Receive method) that would read the body of the mail to determine how
it needed to be processed. It then published an appropriate event which
continued a workflow that was waiting which was the workflow that sent the
original e-mail.

Richard...