How to call the uwl from the R/3-workflow

Kaufmann, Timothy timothy.kaufmann at sap.com
Mon Oct 17 10:36:51 EDT 2005

Hi workflow gurus,

am trying to address in the r/3 workflow the workitem in the universal inbox in the portal directly. However as I cannot supply username and password as we don't have replication from the backend, the user will always have to log in manually.

Then when I look at the URL string for the workitem in the universal worklist, there are 2 ids that identify the workitem:

http://<portalserver>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.pagebuilder.IviewModeProxy?iview_id=pcd%3Aportal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.rpm/iviews/projects/com.sap.pct.rpm.projects.projectdetails.projectapproval&iview_mode=default&wi_id=000000092634&destination=SAP_RPM&item_id=1131&logsys=TS00700049&uname=KAUFMANNT&langu=EN.

When I look at the uniqe identifier wi_id this should not be a problem. There is another id: "item-id". Where does this id come from? Do I have a chance to addres this in the R/3 backend or does this come from the portal?

Best regards from Paris

Tim

Timothy Kaufmann
Senior Consultant