Checkfunction in SWEC/SWEINST

Khanna, Manish manish.khanna at amd.com
Sat Oct 8 15:08:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

Now that I have realized that consignment documents cannot have release
strategy and our requirement is to trigger an approval workflow when a
consignment document is "changed" I thought of the following.

1. Create a check function.
2. Attach it (in SWEC)  to change object EINKBELEG / BUS2013 / On Change
/ Changed(event in BUS2013)
3. The check function triggers BUS2013/'RELEASESTEPCREATED' event.

Now this seems to be a solution, but its not working.

Why ?? Because
1. It seems that the check function is not called every time. After some
analysis it seems that if BUS2013/CHANGED does not have a receiver, it
does not calls the check function. Don't know if this is correct.

2. When it is called
 a) The database locks on EINK, EKPO etc are not released (strange !!!)
 b) sometimes 2 RELEASESTEPCREATED are triggered.

Any ideas or tips ??

Thanks
Manish