Regarding Active Plan-Version

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Sat Nov 19 08:24:09 EST 2005

Ehhh.... Are you sure you are not confusing workflow version and plan
version now.

I thought plan versions were related to HR plan versions and e.g. used
to determine agents (you find PLVAR in almost all HR tables). After
having looked at the help text(s) in customizing I still think that is
the way it is. One way of using this (though I can't think why anyone
would give themselves the pain of additional HR data maintenance) would
be to set 02 as the workflow plan version while 01 is the HR plan
version. You can then create reporting hierarchies for workflow that
doesn't correspond to the organisation plan hierarchies. As I said, I
can't think of any reason for doing this ... But it can be done!

Set Active Plan Version
Only one of the plan versions created in the system is active at a given
time. The workflow system regards this plan version (with its contents)
as the only valid plan version.

Recommendation
Mark plan version 01 as the active plan version.

Standard Settings
All workflow templates supplied are then automatically in the plan
version marked as active.

Definition: plan version
Organizational Structure (PA-OS)
You create organizational plans in plan versions.

In the active plan version you create your current valid organizational
plan. This is also the integrated plan version, that would be taken into
account in integration with Personnel Administration.

You use additional plan versions to create additional organizational
plans as planning scenarios.

Vijay, I recommend you take a closer look at this yourself.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn ... from Rio de Janeiro :-)