Workflow version

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Thu Nov 17 09:42:24 EST 2005

Well my experience with versioning has been less then pleasant (to say the least). As a general rule I avoid creating versions in the development system. I know that new versions are created in the target system if there is a run time instance of your WF. Versioning can be so complex because workflow is one of those things that has code as well configuration. To make it worse some of this 'config' is client depending while some of it is client independent......

I am pretty sure there is a SAP note out there that actually recommends making copies of your workflow in Dev before transporting any significant changes. The note has more details.....

Alon Raskin
e: araskin at 3i-consulting.com <mailto:araskin at 3i-consulting.com>